Our distinguished design methodology gives us an edge.
Our agile design process has been honed by best practices from Rhode Island School of Design and from our experience working with clients around the globe. We create each project’s design logic to target objectives and maximize value in measurable ways. We back up our designs with research, allowing us to respond to complexity with specific solutions, and give clients comfort in solutions that are viable.
Give us a call today and see how we can tailor our services to suit you best. 916-316-8061
Wondering where to start with your project but have no idea how physically and financially feasible it is? We provide due diligence specific to building projects.
- We inquire about preliminary incentives, constraints, and applicable rules from governing bodies, utilities, and agencies and checks for plans in the archives.
- We advise on any additional evaluations necessary, such as a structural engineer consultation or a septic capacity check.
- We provide you with regional average build costs and options for matching your vision and budget.
- We present this information to you and discuss green lights, yellow lights, and red lights, if any.
For investment projects, a pro forma is a financial model for a building design that explains the hard and soft costs of construction and management of the building. Incorporating market analysis, we project cash flows for the project, compare different scenarios of performance and explore financing options. We can also work with contractors to organize bids and separate expenses into phases. The pro forma can help secure lending, investor presentations, and tracking the performance of the building or development opportunity. Excel model includes:
- Project Facts
- Project Costs
- Operating Pro forma (per year)
- Construction Costs
- Financing Assumptions
- Cash Flow Calculations
- Ownership Returns
- Loan Amortization Schedules
The best spaces start with good site organization. We combine quantitative and qualitative data to set the foundation for strong design logic rooted in and inspired by environmental factors. We focus on the human experience of flow, function, light and building form to make places that resonate. When working with us on a site plan, you can expect to receive:
- A full picture of how your site changes during the year, communicated with maps and visuals.
- Layout options that work with the natural weather conditions and extend your time outside.
- Direction on how to frame the landscape with building scale, orientation and general positioning of windows and doors.
- A clear understanding of how decisions are made by being included in the process.
- The confidence of seeing your goals and ethos woven into the site plan.
- A solid design logic that is easily extendable to designing buildings and landscape plans.
We recognize how special it is undergo the transformative experience of designing and building your own home. We provide the creative and organizational support you need to make the experience pleasant and creatively fulfilling. Learn more.
We produce drafted plans for new homes, alterations and additions, select tenant improvements, and mobile projects. We draft digitally with up-to-date tools that increase accuracy and produce clear, high quality measurable drawings.
- We are known for our ability to quickly and accurately recreate plans for existing buildings- especially the tricky heritage ones. This reduces surprise discoveries by contractors.
- We are able to document various construction methods, unusual or reclaimed materials and complex curves.
Streamline your project management with us. We can help you navigate the bureaucracy of feasibility, permitting and builder oversight with greater ease.
- We facilitate the connection of your project’s needs with our network of trusted professionals.
- When problems arise, we present solutions.
- You stay in the drivers seat and we do the leg work.
- We’ve worked through a variety of complex problems before and apply our experience to solving yours.
- Gift yourself a positive project experience with our project management service.
Builds upon the site analysis to mass buildings, layout the program, and establish the project’s spatial character. We study the human systems that intersect with the site, including pedestrian flow and existing infrastructure to give the project a cohesive feel with its surrounds. For public facing projects, we translate target market research into design features that attract the right customers. Deliverables include:
- Concept Design Presentation
- Emotive images that give the look and feel of the project
- Floor plans and elevations required for design review committees and preliminary contractor quotes
- 3D Virtual Reality Model
- Material Mood Board
We are a great design development plug-in with large architecture firms.
Add agility and speed to urban planning and layout design development with quantifiable reports on a plethora of environmental and quality of life factors. Increase the likelihood of successfully achieving project expectations and add backbone to the final design. Effective for the single parcel to regional scale across the US. Report includes:
Quality of Life Metrics
- Summary Statistics, such as a population estimate, Job-Housing Ratio, types of Employment and households, and square footage designations
- Emissions Reporting by source and pollutant type
- Land Conversion Type, urban infill, greenfield conversion, agriculture conversion
- Public Transit Feasibility
- Household Cost Comparison
- Water Use Breakdown
- Energy Use Breakdown
- Transportation VMT, costs, and emissions
- Landcover Change
- Carbon Stock Change
- Drinking Water Watershed Impacts
- Habitat Connectivity
- Habitats Degraded and Improved for various Endangered Species
- Agriculture Report
We design and fabricate custom architectural elements to finish off spaces. Missing the frame for the fireplace kit? Need a unique mirror to fit in front of your sink? We can fill in the gap, whether its nature inspired laser cut railings or an out of the box tiny house.
See examples here.