Our distinguished design methodology gives us an edge.
Our agile design process has been honed by best practices from Rhode Island School of Design and from our experience working with clients around the globe. We create each project’s design logic to target objectives and maximize value in measurable ways. We back up our designs with research, allowing us to respond to complexity with specific solutions, and give clients comfort in solutions that are viable.
The best architectural designs start with good site organization. We combine quantitative and qualitative data to set the foundation for strong design logic rooted in and inspired by environmental factors. We focus on the human experience of flow, function, light and building form to make places that resonate. When working with us on a site plan, you can expect to receive:
- A full picture of how your site changes during the year, communicated with maps and visuals.
- Layout options that work with the natural weather conditions and extend your time outside.
- Direction on how to frame the landscape with building scale, orientation and general positioning of windows and doors.
- A clear understanding of how decisions are made by being included in the process.
- The confidence of seeing your goals and ethos woven into the site plan.
- A solid design logic that is easily extendable to designing buildings and landscape plans.
We recognize how special it is undergo the transformative experience of designing and building your own home. We provide the professional support you need to make the experience pleasant and creatively fulfilling. Here is how the process works:
- We start by discussing your vision and what you want from the process.
- We look at the property and create site plan options that fulfill your vision.
- We begin to refine the vision by zooming in to building design, interior layout, material choices, and interior design. Every month you and your designer meet to review progress, hear your feedback, and make decisions.
- When you and your designer love the design, your designer creates the drawings you need for permits, engineering, and contracting.
- Your designer provides you with options, advise, and legwork for getting your permits approved, the engineered plans completed, and the contractor selected.
- The contractor, designer and you collaborate on overseeing construction and making final choices. The contractor is responsible for quality construction, material sourcing and cost, the designer is responsible for making sure the design is built according to the design logic and an aesthetic standard, and you are responsible for making decisions with the options the designer and contractor bring forward.
- At the end of construction and landscaping, you move into your beautiful new home with an appreciation of what it embodies, an understanding of how the landscape works, and a love for tactile experience of quality details.
Financial model for a building design that explains the hard and soft costs of construction and management of the building. Incorporating market analysis, we project cash flows for the project. Compare different scenarios of performance and explore financing options. We can also work with contractors to organize bids and separate expenses into phases. The pro forma can help secure lending, investor presentations, and tracking the performance of the building or development opportunity. Excel model includes:
- Project Facts
- Project Costs
- Operating Pro forma (per year)
- Construction Costs
- Financing Assumptions
- Cash Flow Calculations
- Ownership Returns
- Loan Amortization Schedules.
Builds upon the site analysis to mass buildings, layout the program, and establish the project’s spatial character. We study the human systems that intersect with the site, including pedestrian flow and existing infrastructure to give the project a cohesive feel with its surrounds. For corporate clients, we translate target market research into design features that attract the right customers. Deliverables include:
- Concept Design Presentation
- Emotive images that give the look and feel of the project
- Floor plans and elevations required for design review committees and preliminary contractor quotes
- 3D Virtual Reality Model
- Material Mood Board
Translates the concept design into the engineered construction drawings, ready for building permits and contractors. We create the full project schematic drawing set and collaborate with a structural engineer familiar with the building code and climate factors applicable to the building site. Efficiencies and cost savings are identified, and the designer helps navigate which ones are smart and which ones compromise the design vision. Deliverables Include:
- Schematic set
- Engineered Construction Drawings
Add agility and speed to urban planning and layout design development with quantifiable reports on a plethora of environmental and quality of life factors. Increase the likelihood of successfully achieving project expectations and add backbone to the final design. Effective for the single parcel to regional scale across the US. Report includes:
Quality of Life Metrics
- Summary Statistics, such as a population estimate, Job-Housing Ratio, types of Employment and households, and square footage designations
- Emissions Reporting by source and pollutant type
- Land Conversion Type, urban infill, greenfield conversion, agriculture conversion
- Public Transit Feasibility
- Household Cost Comparison
- Water Use Breakdown
- Energy Use Breakdown
- Transportation VMT, costs, and emissions
- Landcover Change
- Carbon Stock Change
- Drinking Water Watershed Impacts
- Habitat Connectivity
- Habitats Degraded and Improved for various Endangered Species
- Agriculture Report