We design exquisite spaces that accentuate California’s landscape.
We recognize how precious and transformative designing your living environment can be. Whether building on new land or remodeling, our client experience includes you throughout the creative journey and is hands on and educational. We are your support team to keep you in your happy place and minimize stress and compromise.
We custom-tailor the scope of design services to respond to your budget needs, vision, and long term goals. Here is how we typically work:
- We start by discussing your vision and what you want from the process.
- We look at the property and create site plan options that fulfill your vision.
- We begin to refine the vision by zooming in to building design, interior layout, material choices, and interior design. Every month you and your designer meet to review progress, hear your feedback, and make decisions.
- When you love the design, your designer collaborates with an engineer to accurately represent the concept to permitting agencies and contractors.
- Your designer is on call to answer questions throughout permitting, and can advise you in selecting a contractor.
- The contractor, designer and you collaborate on overseeing construction and making final choices. The contractor is responsible for quality construction, material sourcing and cost, the designer is responsible for making sure the design is built according to the design logic and an aesthetic standard, and you are responsible for making decisions with the options the designer and contractor bring forward.
- At the end of construction and landscaping, you move into your beautiful new home with an appreciation of what it embodies, an understanding of how the landscape works, and a love for tactile experience of quality details.
We have helped homeowners in various jurisdictions design ADUs to match their rental income business plan. Some examples include:
- New Construction
- Outbuilding Conversions
- After-the-fact permitting of unpermitted ADUs
A retreat on the bluffs near Mendocino on the Northern California Coast. 2,600 sf, 2 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath Clients Elisabeth and Bob dreamed of an adventurous tranquil life amidst the dense forests and tidepools of California’s north coast. They envisioned a home that would kindle their sense of natural wonder and feel like a retreat
Live-in LandscapeFollow the Story Facebook Instagram Live-in Landscape is product line of lightweight prefabricated cabins that accentuate wild and scenic California. To stay in a Live-in Landscape is to feel a continual relationship to the great outdoors– to experience living in the landscape. The design of each cabin is tailored to a specific ecosystem in
Finish off your space.
We design and fabricate custom architectural parts that enliven and embody the spirit of a space. From custom furniture and patio paving patterns to vent covers and mirrors, we bring ergonomics and understanding of materials to the project.
We work with top caliber artisans and fabricators across Northern California to produce custom objects that you will love for a lifetime.
We design and fabricate custom architectural elements that enliven and embody the design language of a space. In this master bath, elegant mirrors were needed above the sink. We strove to match the new hardware and bridge between the interior design and the view. Each of our designs is constructed by master craftsmen with highly
Get to know your designer
Glimpse into Genevieve’s creative process with her studio instagram feed.