We design exquisite spaces that accentuate California’s landscape.
We recognize how precious and transformative designing your living environment can be. Whether building on new land or remodeling, our client experience includes you throughout the creative journey and is hands on and educational. We are your support team to keep you in your happy place and minimize stress and compromise.
We custom-tailor the scope of design services to respond to your budget needs, vision, and long term goals. Here is how we typically work:
- We start by discussing your vision and what you want from the process.
- We look at the property and create site plan options that fulfill your vision.
- We begin to refine the vision by zooming in to building design, interior layout, material choices, and interior design. Every month you and your designer meet to review progress, hear your feedback, and make decisions.
- When you love the design, your designer collaborates with an engineer to accurately represent the concept to permitting agencies and contractors.
- Your designer is on call to answer questions throughout permitting, and can advise you in selecting a contractor.
- The contractor, designer and you collaborate on overseeing construction and making final choices. The contractor is responsible for quality construction, material sourcing and cost, the designer is responsible for making sure the design is built according to the design logic and an aesthetic standard, and you are responsible for making decisions with the options the designer and contractor bring forward.
- At the end of construction and landscaping, you move into your beautiful new home with an appreciation of what it embodies, an understanding of how the landscape works, and a love for tactile experience of quality details.
We have helped homeowners in various jurisdictions design ADUs to match their rental income business plan. Some examples include:
- New Construction
- Outbuilding Conversions
- After-the-fact permitting of unpermitted ADUs